The process of preparing a training agenda entails several steps. Some of the most significant areas to look at are endorsing the agenda to senior management, arranging the material for training, as well as the training space. For a training agenda to be successful, it must be well prepared.
Communicating With Management and Participants
Poor senior-management commitment and support is among the main reasons for the failures in training agendas. When the upper management shows interest in a training process, the trainees tend to get more serious with the process, and apply the learned knowledge and skills to their work. The top management plays a significant role with regard to how the trainees respond to training.
Organize Training Materials
It is more difficult to prepare training materials internally, than utilizing prepackaged materials. However, if properly done it becomes very simple especially for future utilization. With a rational storage and filing system, you can reuse your training sessions. It also makes the update process easy. Moreover, it will give you absolute control, over what the people in your company are trained.
There is no precise preparation time as the time varies for various training techniques. Some techniques may take longer time while others take less. The process of writing training materials entails a number of steps:
- Put down your training objectives and goals. Make a list of your goals, and refer to them regularly to ensure you are heading towards realizing your training agendas.
- Present your points in a rational manner. Give a clear explanation concerning the fundamentals of the subject, and ensure trainees comprehend them before moving to more technical and complex information.
- Stress on the most crucial points. Spend more time on practices and facts, which the trainees should know or have. Do not dwell on less important matters leaving little time for crucial matters.
- Modify the training materials to suit your organization’s condition. Relate the teaching to your organization’s state of affairs.
- Utilize interactive training techniques. Always keep the trainees involved by using various techniques such as asking questions.
- Put down a training session plan. Training session plans are crucial due to various reasons such as: ensuring all the needed info is available and providing a library of diverse customized training material
Interaction with Trainees
When preparing your training agenda, it is important to make interaction with trainees and get ready for a question and answer session. you need to create a list of possible questions, and their answers. In most occasions, the prepared training material offers roughly a half of the required information. More information is usually obtained through question and answers. Through question and answers, the learners can clarify points, or update the trainers about current practices that are arising. Moreover, trainers can use this interactive technique to evaluate the trainees’ understanding regarding the training.
Organize the Training Space
You should organize and prepare training space by assessing the availability of the following:
- Adequate lighting
- Suitable seating arrangements
- Required tools, like video slide projectors, player/monitor, flip charts as well as other media
- Comfort environmental conditions
By following the above steps, you can be sure that your training agenda will make great contribution to your success of training sessions.